David is based in Kensington, close by my favourite place, Coogee, a beach suburb in Sydney, Australia. For information on Coogee there is the local government's website here or Wikipedia page here. Click here and check out some photos of Coogee. Or click here and check out my little bit of paradise in Coogee.
For work, I provide bespoke online media monitoring solutions specialising in the domain name area, but I can be flexible. I have also provided media monitoring on a range of internet governance issues as well as infrastructure and legal aid and pro bono issues. I can provide examples of the work I do and clients, with my first client dating back to 2002. Current clients include auDA, CoCCA, DENIC, EURid, InternetNZ, nic.at and SWITCH. I also provide media monitoring for the National Pro Bono Resource Centre on legal aid and pro bono issues.
Typical online media monitoring solutions leave you to edit out the garbage such as news releases or stories of no interest that automated services are unable to do. I personally select the news and information to be of interest to you. I use a range of industry sources, search engines and general news outlets. I'm happy to talk to anyone about their desires and I can be as comprehensive as you desire.
Over the last twelve years or so I have:
- compiled an internet news service specialising in domain names, internet governance, censorship, government policy, legal and security issues, privacy and more (since 2002)
- delivered a paper titled How to Make Money from Domain Names (Wie man mit Domain-Namen Geld verdienen kann) at Domain Pulse 2007 in Baden, Switzerland
- been a board member of au Domain Administration (auDA)(2005 - 2007)
- researched the use of new technologies in schools (British Educational Comunications and Technology agency, Coventry - 2001-02)
- managed a project to advise Australian ISPs and web hosts of the laws relating to content in Australia (Communications Law Centre, Melbourne - 2001)
- worked for nic.at, the Austrian domain name registry doing a variety of roles including updating the website, policy analysis and research (Salzburg - 2000)
- researched a filtering and rating system that would be suitable for European internet userson a project funded by the European Commission (Internet Watch Foundation, Cambridge - 1999)
- been a Project Officer involved in researching and writing theInvestigation into the Content of Online Services: Report to the Minister for Communications and the Arts and The Internet and some international regulatory issues relating to content: A pilot comparative study commissioned by the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organisation (UNESCO) as part of the Online Services section at the thenAustralian Broadcasting Authority (1995-99).
Feel free to contact me if you are interested in any of the work I do or to find out about me. I can be contacted by emailing david(at)goldsteinreport.com or by telephone (+61 418 228 605 - mobile, +61 2 9663 3430 - office).